Oh how this linky party has made me laugh so far! Reagan from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits and Amanda from One Extra Degree have both shared their top ten reasons they know Christmas is near. These lists so reminded me of my last crazy week that I didn't have a hard time coming up with my own!
10. You hear yourself say "Leave the stray dog alone and get safely inside!" Of course no one listens to you.
9. You hear yourself say "No wrestling in school!" of course no one listens to you.
8. You hear yourself say "Get out of the puke and go to the office!" followed by "Get out of his way!" followed by crying and gagging from the other children, followed by "I'm bleeding." Followed by "That is not blood, that is not an emergency, you just witnessed a true emergency!" followed by "please stop crying and gagging and eat your cheeze-its!"
7. You hear yourself say "Where are your shoes?" of course no one knows.
6. The teachers pass each other in the hall and give each other wine recommendations along with how much they bought or how much is left and "I just went for the box!"
5. You find yourself hiding in the sensory room playing with the sand and water table to get away and calm your nerves.
4. You find yourself sprinting across your classroom to ensure safety of all your students. Your main goal is everyone leaves the way they came in.
3. You wonder if the 2nd quarter assessment packet can be the gift to the parents........
2. Your student recorded himself making fishy faces on the ipad during literacy stations. You think about posting it but then fear it would go viral and you would lose your job.
1. On Friday you find yourself laughing hysterically at everything the kids do for fear that if you stop you will find yourself crying.