I was tagged by Amy at The Resource(ful) Room so I am it (for now). If you are it you have to follow the rules below:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Fun Facts About Me
1. My mom was a school cook and my mother-in-law is a teacher.
2. I pretended I did not want to be a teacher and started college as a business major.
3. I changed my major 2nd semester, good think I was at a great teaching college!
4. My husband and I were both born at 9:29 PM.
5. My brother, sister, daughter and I were all born on the 2nd of the month.
6. My parents are 6 days apart.
7. Both my grandmas were named Rose.
8. When I named my girls I insisted that the name couldn't be shortened (easily), rhyme with anything offending, couldn't start with the same letters or end with the same letters (as each other), had to be phonetically correct, and had to be in the top 100 names but not in the top 50. Their names are Morgan and Jenna.
9. A tornado hit our house when I was 2 days old, I was still in the hospital.
10. My Dad tried out for the major leagues, they told him he was too slow, his cousin that he tried out with made it and played 13 seasons before coaching Denis Menke
11. My mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, hubby and myself all went to the same college.
12. I clog for fun.
Questions from Amy
1 - What's your favorite season?--Spring
2 - What's your favorite book?--I love Jodi Picoult. "The Pact" may be my favorite.
3 - What's your favorite TV show?--Parenthood! Nothing else comes close.
4 - How do you celebrate March is reading month?--Our media specialist plans special events for us!
5 - Do you live close to your school (work)?--Why yes, I live across the street!
6 - What's your favorite thing to teach?--It used to be reading but math is getting up there!!
7 - How do you track student progress?--A lot of different ways but I like name spreadsheets with notes. We use aimsweb as a district.
8 - How do you use technology in the classroom?--I have a technology rotation in my literacy centers that has an ipad, ipod touch, ipod nano, CD stories to listen to, computer, leap pads. We go to the computer lab twice a week (in addition to media) and we use ixl for math, starfall for reading and I discovered Reading Egg today and just started my 30 day trial!
9 - Do you use Accelerated Reader? How do you reward kids for points if you do?-- I do not. They do use in for 4th and 5th grades in my district.
10 - Do you play sports? what?--No. In high school I did just about everything but dance was my strong suit.
11 - How much time do you spend doing your hair each morning?--15 minutes, unless I scrunch and go, which I do on occasion.
12 - Whats your favorite memory from high school?--Hmmmmmm, probably dancing at the Target National Championship in Minneapolis.
People I'm tagging
Hopping into First Grade
The Bubbly Blonde Teacher
The Teacher's Chatterbox
Sailing Through First Grade
Shining in Second Grade
Class full of special kinders
The Schroeder Page
Buggy for Second Grade
Adventures in Kindergarten
Questions for those of you I've tagged
1. When did you start blogging?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Are you on Teachers Pay Teachers/Teacher's Notebook?
4. What is the newest piece of technology in your classroom?
5. How long have you been teaching?
6. Are you the youngest, oldest, only,somewhere in the middle, other?
7. How many years of college have you had? Master's?
8. Has your state adopted the common core?
9. Do you have snow on the ground?
10. What was the most extreme weather you experienced in 2011?
11. Do you have a pet?
12. Who do you live with?
I can't wait to hear all the answers!!